Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Whisky Archive: "Tour de Scotland" July 28th Scotch Tasting
Thursday, July 28, 2011 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
Hi everyone- tonight's event is now sold out.
To be alerted of future events please like us on Facebook:
We will have another event in August and a Scotch 101 class in September.
If you are interested in hosating a private tasting- contact email@example.com
For those of you who already bought your tickets - here are the details for tonight's event.
Whisky Archive will be hosting a tasting in San Francisco on Thursday July 28
The "Tour de Scotland" tasting will begin at 7:00 and end at 9:00 pm.
Tickets $65 - available for sale only until morning of event. No tickets will be sold at the door.
Whether you’re new to single malt or an experienced connoisseur, this tasting will be appropriate for all knowledge levels. In addition there will be complimentary Hors D'oeuvres for guests.
At this tasting, whisky specialist Mark Cassidy share his knowledge and passion.
We will be sampling:
- Lowland: Glenkinchie 12 yr
- Speyside: Benromach Organic
- Highland: Glenglassaugh Fledgling XB
- Island: Highland Park 12 yr
- Campbeltown: Springbank 12 yr
- Islay: Kilchoman Exclusive
Private Event- no tickets will be sold at the door.
The Whisky Shop
360 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
- New, edgy and delicious, exclusive and ending with peaty
- The Glenglassaugh is so new (under 3 yrs) it can't be called whisky - described as: sharp, sweet & fruity
- The Benromach Organic - only 2 single malt organics in the world - described as: dry, citrus, fragrant
- Kilchoman - the newest distillery in Scotland - about 5 yrs old - first one built on Islay for over 120 yrs - this cask is exclusive to The Whisky Shop - described as: peppery, peaty, green apple
- Springbank - newest release - just been out 3 weeks
About Mark Cassidy:
Mark Stewart Cassidy is “the” Scotch whisky specialist at The Whisky Shop, located in downtown San Francisco, where he has served discriminating clientele since February 2002.
Mark grew up in Dunblane, Scotland. He is a graduate of the University of Glasgow, is a Scottish Historian and well knows Scotland’s Whisky Trail!
Mark is clearly defined by his insatiable thirst for whisky! Mark is in demand throughout the year for his single malt Scotch whisky tastings. He also provides orations on the life, times and poetry of Robert Burns, especially in January, at the many Burns’ Suppers that are held in the Greater Bay Area. Additionally, he performs “parlour readings” on, amongst many other topics, Scotland and San Francisco’s historic ties.
A formidable researcher and creative writer, Mark has a specialty niche writing introductions to books, art shows, web sites and magazines for artists worldwide. He was recently published in Baseline Typographics Magazine, a piece titled “Stone Cairns”. He’s also published in Hasselblad Magazines, in four languages worldwide, and been featured in the Bay Area section of the NY Times when he gave a tasting at Omnivore Books in Noe Valley.
As Robert Burns said …”a man’s a man for all that”!